Friday 23 March 2018

Week 8-ILE Literacy

Personal comment From Heaven Foaifuamai- Writing

This whole term my group (group G) we have been learning about narratives
structure and using hooks. I enjoyed learning about narrative writing.

This week and last week we have to write our own narrative story.
Mr. Savage ( Our Writing Teacher) told us we have to add a hook so we
could be hooked in audience to our writing. Now I think Narrative
writing is my favourite genre of writing.

I feel like I still need to hook the audience in using more interesting words.

Here is my writing:

Image by FlamingText.com


MUNCH, MUNCH OOH THAT IS SO DELICIOUS! I SURE DO LOVE EASTER.


When it is was Easter day I was so excited I could scream because I was having an Easter egg hunt with both of my best friends ( Emma and Emily). My parents said before we have our Easter egg hunt we must make Easter egg baskets and so we made Easter eggs.


Later on, about 15 minutes after making our Easter egg baskets they started on the Easter egg hunt my parents said there are 15 mini eggs and 1 LARGE delicious egg. I found the most but Emma and Emily only found 5 mini eggs and they didn’t know that I found the large egg.


Emily and I asked my parents where is the large easter egg? Emily ran into the house she went to the bathroom and started crying. Then Emma herd crying when she went in the house by the back door with the large egg and the 5 mini eggs. She found her in the bathroom and asked her why are u crying? Emily said I can't find the large Easter egg and I really want it. Ooh, I forgot to tell you I found the large egg I forgot.  


Then Emma helped Emily to stop crying and told her to come and get me to come and eat all our Easter eggs and even Emma's large easter egg. We had fun and then we played games outside.

We all enjoyed having a fun also difficult easter egg hunt. It probably one of my best days in my whole life.


THE END.


Personal comment From Bre-ana Bunyan- reading


What i learnt in reading.

Throughout, the week we had rotations and for rotations. I am in whakapono 19. I learnt a lot this week in my reading with Mr Savage. The first thing we did was we had to read books and summarise the important information in the book like characters, settings, main ideas. We do this with Whaea Mina this week.  When with Mr Savage we learn about some reading strategies to help us understand the text better. The first book we read with Mr Savage was 'HOW PHOTOGRAPHY CHANGED THE WORLD'.

We learnt about evaluating the text  by first giving the answer to the text. Then finding the evidence in the text to show our understanding. This was fun.

This is one piece of work we did on workspace (Hapara)

Book read-HOW PHOTOGRAPHY CHANGED THE WORLD

WALT- Evaluate the text give an answer for the text and use the text to get the evidence

Making images stick- Chapter
Do you think Louis Daguerre wore gloves when he put the chemicals on the metal plate? Why do you think this?

Yes, because he was using chemicals Group

Looking at the picture of the negative do you think she looks like a ghost (page 8)? Why do you think this?

No, because it was the sun reflecting on the chemicals.

Images of people- Chapter
Do you think the picture on page 11 is old? Why do you think this?

Yes,because the photo was made in the late 1800s that was over 200 hundred years ago.

Were people allowed to blink and smile in the olden days?  Why do you think this?

No,because then the photo will be blurry.

Digital Cameras- Chapter
Do you like the modern cameras or the olden day photos?  Why do you think this?

No,,because the olden are not quick.

The answer are in RED and the evidence is in BLUE

1 comment:

  1. Im very impressed #Whakapono19 ... its great to see that #Literacy plays an important role in your #LearningProgramme

    ReplyDelete